Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

Monday, May 17, 2010

A Generation Called to Battle

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12 (italics added)




I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, and pondering over what this verse really means. I don't feel like I have quite lived up to this verse, or, commission if you will. Because, that is what I believe it is. A commission to all of us who are young, to go out and be the example and the light for all of the world to see. I believe that if our generation stood up and took some initiative for our beliefs, our world would change drastically. Jesus said in Matthew 19:14- "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."



The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as us, and we have the power, as Sons and Daughters of the Most High, to raise the bar and set the standard for the young of our generation. It is our job to take His message to the world, and to live our lives as tools for Him. It is our job to sacrifice our "precious" time, to humble ourselves before the world, and show our twisted and falling society who really is King of all creation. All said, He is calling us to live as His Son lived, humbly and as a servant to ALL who seek the truth. He gave His time, His freedoms, and His life for the Cause. What are we willing to give? What are we willing to renounce for Him?

I hope that I am willing to give it all. My time, my freedom, and my life to better serve Him. And I pray fervently that I am willing to set an example for others in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity, and I pray that you are as well.


Love,




1 comment:

happy momma said...

Way to go! I pray that more young people(also the older folks) will have a heart like yours. You will make a difference. God Bless

HTML/JavaScript2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones