Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

Monday, February 15, 2010

Just Some Writing...

Just something that the Lord gave me...

Rescued

I am drowning, drowning. Engulfed in the sin of this world.
The waves of immorality come gushing over me, stealing my every breath.
I am sinking, sinking. Suffocated by my wretchedness.
Oh, woe is me, this suffering I cannot bear alone.
My heart beats faster as I realize the state of my soul, as my eyes are opened to the wicked deeds of my heart.
My feelings have become numb. I can no longer perceive the pounding beat of my very self.
I long for touch, for feel, for anything that will rescue me from my dilapidating state, from the coma in which I live.

Just as I thought that I could feel the flames of Hell in my lungs, a beam of light drained the ocean of sin that I was drowning in.
A Heavenly being descended from above the dark waves of death, of which were about to become my grave.
Light radiated from His every pore, love was in every move of His beautiful body.
I shut my mortal eyes and wept, for I had never seen anything so magnificent.
He smiled, as only the King of Heaven can, and reached for my ever sinking hand.
He pulled me out of the grips of my despair and wrapped me in a garment of pure white, and with that, lifted me onto His ever sufficient chest.
My body, still sick with the disease of the world, molded into His strong arms.
Never had I felt such remorse for the sins that I had committed toward Him, the One who rescued me from the pit of fire.
He gently rocked me back and forth until me silent sobbing ceased.
And then, he lowered his lips to my ear and whispered, “Daughter, I love you with a love that never fails, My passion for you is everlasting. My daughter, arise and take my outstretched hand, arise, and let me lead you out of the torrent waters of death. Arise, my love, and let me set you free.”
I will be back on Friday! Thought I would leave you all with something to read.
Blessings and Grace,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is great. Word can not express what that said to my spirit. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait till friday to read more.

Amanda

Mia said...

Hey Laura,
You have a delightful blog, I'd love for you to stop by mine, it seems we have alot on common :)

Mia

Rachel Jolly said...

<3

HTML/JavaScript2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones