Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

Monday, December 28, 2009

Julie & Julia

So, tonight (seeing as it is just the two of us at home) me and mom watched the movie 'Julie and Julia' for the first time. I loved it.

I got so into the movie, that I forgot that my extra-large pack of sour rainbow strips wasn't 'Beef Bourguignon' or even, 'Chocolate Raspberry Ruffle Souffle'. Note to self: Never EVER do that again. I (woe is me) ended up eating the WHOLE package of extra large sour rainbow strips,as if I were eating the food straight out of the movie. And, as expected, the after effect (as if) wasn't pleasant. As if, as if, as if. Hmph.
Have you ever felt like a total glutton? Well, while I was groaning on the living room floor, at the zenith of self pity, I decided, to ease my conscience, I would do some sit ups. So, here we go. 1..2..3..4...5...6...7...8...9...10...11...12...13...14...15...16...17...18 and, right as I was about to grudgingly do my 19th sit up (don't you judge me) I heard the 'jingle jangle' of Elvis' collar, and the 'pidder padder' of his paws, and, to my utter horror he came sprinting (i swear he was sprinting) into the living room and LEAPED onto my stomach. If you are having a hard time visualizing this, let me help you out. Here I am, on the floor with my feet under the couch, bemoaning my current physical condition, and my baby elephant of a dog comes sprinting in and LEAPS (i am not being dramatic) onto my gut.
You might be surprised to hear that I didn't throw up all over the floor. Yay me. My mother just had to rush me to the hospital for emergency surgery. Just kidding.
But, anyways, even though I am in no mood to think about food, me and mom are going to the store tomorrow to get the ingredients we need to make Julia Child's 'Beef Bourguignon'. Pray for me. I would still like to think of myself as a good cook after I attempt to re-create this masterpiece. If you don't hear from me ever again after tomorrow, know that I am in a better place.
 
In Him,

No comments:

HTML/JavaScript2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones