Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thoughts.

As He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct. —1 Peter 1:15


Am I the only one who finds this verse unconquerable? Be Holy in all of my conduct? I can't live in that sort of bondage, sorry.

But that's where I'm wrong. When Christ died for our sins, He left within us the freedom as Christians to emulate His holiness. He didn't forever bind us like slaves to be perfect, but He gave us the freedom to be good, and holy, and in all of the things that we do, do in a righteous manner.

I have found that over the years as I dwell on the negative side of things (ie. Christianity) my walk with Christ is void of joy and contentment. I am always ill at ease and dissatisfied with my life and how He has called me to live. That is not His will for us. He wants us to rejoice in our circumstances, both pleasant and unsatisfying. I do not want to let my negative thoughts come anywhere between the Lord and myself.

So today, my goal is to let the Lord's positive light shine on everything that I say and do.

Blessings for your day!

Laura Lee

No comments:

HTML/JavaScript2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones