Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Amazing Thing About Grace.

Do any of you think of how even more wretched you would be without the Lord? I do.

I sin. A lot. And, sometimes I feel like I don't love the Lord because I sin so much. But then I have to think, God made us just the way we are. He made us human, fully knowing that we would sin and mess up every day.

But the other day I was being my normal self, judging the people of the bible and thinking, "How could the Jews NOT have seen who Jesus was?! I mean, come on! It was JESUS. They were so ignorant!"

And then the Lord kind of slapped me in the face and said, "Would you have believed my Son?"

.....

And the truth is? No. I wouldn't have. I would have been in the mob of Jews yelling to Pilot to release Barabas and crucify the blaspheming Jew from Nazareth.
I really would have.

I would have heard how Jesus said he was going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days and thought, "Dude, you're NUTS! Three days?!?! Do you know how long it took us to build this temple?!"

I would have been looking for an earthly king; one who walked around in fine garments and jewels. One who dwelled in a large palace, and had servants and riches we can't even imagine.

As humans, we take things SO literally. If the Son of God said that he was going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, we are so black and white that we can't even see that he means himself. (and when I say "we" I really mean "I")

So, I mourned for the fact that I knew what type of person I would have been, but then I rejoiced for the fact that it is ONLY by the saving Grace of God that I am who I am today.

I rejoiced for the fact that I am nothing without Him, and that I couldn't live a day without His guidance.

So now I have to go around thinking, "Don't mourn about the fact that if you lived in the 1800's you would have owned slaves and treated them like dirt (because I would have, I know myself), but find complete joy in the fact that God made you into the young lady you are. A girl who has so many flaws, and sins more times in a day than she can count, but a girl who loves the Lord with all of her heart, and a girl who desperately wants to show that love and grace to others."

I know I ramble, and can't put all my thoughts together logically, but this is my heart today; here for you to read, and contemplate.


XoSaved

No comments:

HTML/JavaScript2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones