Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

Friday, November 19, 2010

Laura, I know a lot about guns, so let me tell you about it.

Yesterday morning as I was going to put something away in my parents room, I walked right into a gun-cleaning party. Christopher and Daddy were (aka, Christopher) in sheer ecstasy as they were running a cloth up and down the barrel of one of there many guns.


"What kind of gun is that?" I ask. My all-things-guy ignorance coming to the surface.

"Well Laura, I know a lot about guns, so let me tell you about it." Christopher sweetly says to me.
"This is a 22. You can shoot, squirrels, turtles, and small animals with it."
"This is a shotgun. It's different than a rifle where it shoots shotgun shells, and not bullets. Shotgun shells have teeny tiny tiny tiny bb's in them, and when you shoot them they spread out and hit the bird in different places."
"This here is a 17HMR. It's a rifle, and shoots bullets just like the 22. The 17HMR is used on rather large varmits, like groundhogs and porcupines."
"Laura, do you understand?"

O.O

"Yep, uhuh. I understand perfectly."

Not. (I didn't really say that. I wanted him to feel like he had taught me something and not confused me in a way that I can't even explain.)

Skip about 30 minutes into the future, when I am singing happily off key in the shower.

*knock knock* The door swings open and in marches Christopher.

I peep my head out of the shower curtain, and wipe the water from my eyes.
"Bud, I'm taking a shower."

"Laura, here is a shotgun shell!"

I look down to the tip of my nose where I now have a shotgun shell practically shoved up my left nostril.

"That's great Bud, but I'm taking a shower."

"Laura, do you remember what I told you about shotgun shells?"

"Christopher, I'm trying to take a shower."

"But Laura! Do you remember?"

"Christopher, do you not see that I'm taking a shower?"

"Laura, when you get out of the shower, I will show you my deer gun okay?"

"Christopher, if you don't get out of this bathroom right now I will run downstairs naked and throw all of your guns in the pond. Okay?

"You'll really like my deer gun, Laura."

"I'm sure I will."

XoLou

No comments:

HTML/JavaScript2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones