Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Just Can't Kick the Caffeine Habit.

I have no will power. Coffee has once again taken over my life. It came swiftly one morning, like a theif in the night. Except, it was in the morning. BAM.


See, here's the thing. When I had my gallbladder problems, coffee was on the strict "GIRL DON'T YOU DARE DRINK THIS" list. Caffeine was HORRIBLE for my gallbladder, it completely sent me back to square one. But a few mornings ago after succeeding in getting only 4 hours of sleep, as I came groggily down the stairs, that sensuous aroma hit me over the head with a two by four. BOOM BABY. I had no choice but to give in. There was literally nothing I could do to stop it. NOTHING. Don't you judge me.

I poured myself a rather large mug full. Maybe that was the tiniest bit idiotic, but I wasn't thinking clearly (hence the urge for coffee). Thick, thick cream....lots of sugar (what can I say, I'M A CHILD). That first sip was a thing of wonder. Now, lets just imagine for a minute: 4 weeks sans coffee.

I can hear your sobs from my desk where I sit.

Ah, that first sip. Heavenly. Aromatic. Warming.

Second sip? I was passed out on the floor in sheer ecstasy.


Let me tell you something. IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO ME.

NOT. ONE. THING.


I COULD HAVE BEEN DRINKING THIS STUFF FOR THE PAST 4 WEEKS.

I'm just sickened. Really I am.

But I'm not bitter. No I am not.

This has been a nice talk. We should chat more often.


XoLou

No comments:

HTML/JavaScript2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones